Designed as a replica of the water polo pool used in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, the Semmes Aquatic Center, 572,000 gallons, is one of Episcopal’s premier athletic facilities. As one of only two 50-meter high school pools in Northeast Florida, the Semmes Aquatic Center is the only one that has met the minimum depth requirement to permit starting blocks to be used for races. The 10 lanes are kept warm in the colder months with solar covers. Constructed in 1996 Portofino Pools were retained by the builder to calibrate the circulation and filtration systems and perform all “Start-up” services including water-quality management. On-site pool operation training of owner’s personnel was conducted at completion of this term. Over the next 10 years Portofino was awarded a series of work orders to perform repairs, equipment calibrations and replacements and major preventative maintenance services.
- Pool Troopers Partners with Portofino Pool Services & Outdoor Living to Expand Jacksonville Footprint
- “Disaster Preparedness” Panel Recommendations
- Jack Manilla takes office as APSP Board of Directors Chair
- 13th Annual World Aquatic Health Conference
- Trinidad & Tobago selects Portofino University, JAX Consultants to conduct training at new $40 million National Aquatic Center